Products You May Like
Design documents for the rumored Warner Bros. fighter, Multiversus, have leaked online. Images of the document were first published on ResetEra, where user Sponge summarized information that was recently shared on a Discord server.
It appears that Multiversus is heavily inspired by Smash Bros. and WB is looking to capitalize on the game’s popularity by making a multiplatform iteration of it with its own spin on the genre. It certainly helps that WB has a lot of popular characters in its portfolio.
Apparently, Multiversus will feature a percentage system akin to Knockback in Smash Bros. There will also be Smash-style stages.
You can check out the design docs over at Imgur.
A bullet-point summary of the Discord leak shared on ResetEra is as follows:
- Finn plays like Coin Battle (think like Steve in Smash, where he needs resources in a way)
- Shaggy is literally based entirely on Ultra Instinct Shaggy
- No sign of Morty in Rick’s moveset
- No sign of Big Chungus in Bugs’s moveset
- Garnet from Steven Universe and Arya from Game of Thrones are in [This is extremely significant as it confirms that different playtesters had different, incomplete rosters. This explains how the Reddit leak, Hbox photo leak, and now this guy know about characters the others don’t]
- Bat Cave, Finn’s Treehouse, and Schwifty Planet are stages. They have multiple variants, but that’s likely the devs just testing which one they want
- Every alt is a full costume. Since the game is a WIP, some characters have multiple alts and some have none. The alts he saw include Pickle Rick, OG Harley, Bizarro Superman, Cake (female cat Jake), Pirate Tom & Jerry, Gentleman Shaggy. VAs change for alts
- It’s percentage-based, like Smash, if that wasn’t already obvious
- Rick is projectile-heavy, and uses his portal gun, leaving portals that allies can go through, but not enemies. Also has an AoE attack that turns you into a helpless baby version of the OC
- Tom and Jerry is more like Rosalina & Luma, with Jerry being Luma, except Jerry can’t be hurt. Stuff like an attack where Tom swings a tennis racket and Jerry is the ball
- OC is named Rein “maybe”