Products You May Like
We still look back with fond memories to the mid-1990s and the launch of Wipeout 2097 on our PlayStation at the time, wondering if any anti-grav racer will ever be able to take the crown from the game which set the genre on its way. Hopes are high for Redout 2, as it releases on PC and console.
Redout 2 from Saber Interactive and 34BigThings follows on from the launch of Redout: Lightspeed Edition on Xbox way back in 2017. This time though the teams behind it promise that Redout 2 will be the biggest, the fastest and the most varied Redout yet, with more tracks than ever before and courses that are nothing but ‘jaw-dropping’.
It arrives on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and PC through Steam and Epic (Switch version to follow), as 34BigThings gives players the chance to hit up an expansive single player campaign, as well as the opportunity to take on races with others via the online world. This is going to be pretty damn competitive.
As you’d suspect, Redout 2 is going to be fast, with racers travelling at more than 1000kmh. They’ll be found pinging their way through thirty-six unique racetracks, making the most of twelve different chassis types and multiple different game modes. In fact, the most key of features will be…
- Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus rewards.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your hovership with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints and more!
- Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.
Admit it, you’re sold on that Photo Mode, yeah!?
If you are, you’ll find that Redout 2 is available today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S (optimised), PS4, PS5 and PC. Expect to see this hitting Nintendo Switch very soon too.
There are a couple of versions to consider too. The Standard drop is £24.99, bringing the base game to your life, whilst the Deluxe Edition for £37.49 adds in the Season Pass (something which is individually purchasable for £14.99). That Season Pass promises a couple of future DLC additions, with new locations, career events, rewards and more. It’s not a big discount, but buying the Deluxe Edition should well be considered.
There’s a trailer below if you need to know how fast this one plays, whilst our full review is fast upcoming.
The fastest racing game in the universe. Redout 2 is a tribute to classic arcade racing games and the sequel to the critically acclaimed Redout, where racing through the dystopian wastelands of a semi-abandoned Earth is one of the galaxy’s most popular sports. Reach impossible speeds in exhilarating futuristic races across an extensive single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer. Deep control systems, robust hovership customization and a killer soundtrack make Redout 2 the premier anti-gravity racer.