Products You May Like
In a new Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct video presentation today, Nintendo unveiled 25 minutes of new footage featuring monstrous foes, intriguing personalities and sweeping locales from the upcoming game.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launches for Nintendo Switch on 29th July, but today, it’s possible to catch an early glimpse at the chain of events that sends Noah, Mio and their fellow soldiers on a grand journey of fate. To view the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct video in its entirety, visit Nintendo UK’s YouTube channel.
As the latest entry in the critically acclaimed role-playing series, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 connects the futures of the two previous mainline Xenoblade Chronicles games. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 can also serve as an entry point for anyone looking to become engrossed in an immense RPG world with dynamic characters, a rich narrative and epic scope.
In Aionios, the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, there are two opposing nations, Keves and Agnus, whose soldiers fight every day with their lives on the line. Six soldiers hailing from both these warring nations are tasked to take part in a special mission. Can these characters, once filled with mutual hatred, find a path that lets them all live?
In this spellbinding tale, players will get to journey with these fate-defying hopefuls to learn the truths of their world – a place where every victory in battle and each setback is another chance to change the course of history and triumph over an uncertain destiny.
Highlights of the presentation include:
- Exploring a Vast World: Aionios features breath-taking natural splendour that stands in contrast to the grim conflict waged between the two nations. Traversing Aionios, the locations players visit are saved as landmarks that can quickly be selected and travelled to, making traversing this giant world more manageable. It’s possible to wander freely, or follow a trail to the next destination by enabling a navigation feature. When exploring, players will encounter a range of surreal landmarks and diverse wildlife. And just like the lands they inhabit, the lifeforms here range from docile to dangerous. Some creatures, like the Demonic Krenolur, make no secret of their ferocious tendencies.
- Learning the Arts of Battle: When the party is ready to enter a fight, they can harness powerful abilities, called Arts, to strive for victory. Some Arts can throw opponents off balance, some inflict more damage based on where the attack comes from and some even heal allies. Linking multiple Arts with stunning Chain Attacks unleashes havoc on enemies. Becoming more experienced in battle, party members will be able to learn powerful Master Arts and Fusion Arts for even more devastating attacks.
- Rest and Quests at Colonies: Exploring Aionios, players can scale cliffs, ascend sandy slopes, zipline across ropes and sail the seas. While the stakes may be high, it’s possible to enjoy the world at their own pace, and discover colonies where they’ll shop, dine, get to know residents and take up quests. It’s easy to catch a glimpse of the lives of Noah and his friends at these colonies and rest spots. Using collected materials to cook or craft gems can strengthen different abilities. It’s also nice to relax and unwind before taking in the next slice of awe-inspiring scenery or felling the next outlandish foe.
- Master Character Classes: Each character in the party has a Class that influences how they battle. The Swordfighter leads the fight as a well-balanced attacker, but there are many other classes that specialize in healing, defence and powerful strikes, among other abilities. Players can freely swap the character they’re controlling in battle, and their Class can also be changed to match that of their allies. Spending time learning multiple Classes can add to a well-rounded team.
- Recruiting Heroes to the Party: The journey through Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will feature a party of six main characters, but brave residents of Aionios called Heroes can lend their arms and aptitude to the team as a seventh party member. Only one Hero at a time can assist on the battlefield, but players can swap them out as they see fit. And they bring their own special Classes to your team, like Guardian Commander, Incursor and War Medic. Party members can even take on any of the Hero Classes as they become allies. By recruiting more Heroes, players will grow the combination of Classes and Arts in their party, widening the breadth of their strategic options.
- Fusing Into Ouroboros: By joining together in battle through Interlinking, two characters in the party can fuse into a fiercely powerful form known as an Ouroboros. Earning points in battle makes the already-mighty Ouroboros even stronger. Ouroboros can also join Chain Attacks with the rest of the party.
- Expansion Pass Content: Broaden the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 with a paid Expansion Pass. From the game’s launch through the end of 2023, players can get additional content that will be released in four waves** to enhance their journey through Aionios. The content will include helpful items, new outfits and colour variants, challenge battles, new quests, new Hero characters and, finally, a new story scenario. The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass is available for pre-purchase beginning today in Nintendo eShop for £26.99 / €29.99.
- Using Any amiibo: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is compatible with amiibo accessories. Tapping any compatible amiibo, it’s possible to acquire helpful in-game items for the adventure in Aionios. Tapping the Shulk amiibo, a character’s sword will appear as the Monado, the iconic weapon from the original Xenoblade Chronicles, when using Noah’s Swordfighter class.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launches at retail and in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch on 29th July. For those who want to begin their journey through the world of Aionios as soon as the game launches, pre-orders are now available.
In addition, the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through the My Nintendo Store. This special edition includes the game, package artwork from Masatsugu Saito, a full-colour 250-page+ softcover art book and a SteelBook® case. Pre-orders for the Collector’s Edition will start in late July.
Source: Nintendo UK