Products You May Like
Knowing how to increase the PS5 upload speed can be incredibly useful for speeding up video and screenshot uploads, not to mention improving the online multiplayer functionality of the console. With more upload speed to play with, data is more quickly moved from the console to the wider internet, meaning less waiting around for uploads to finish and potentially fewer hiccups in multiplayer matches. Here’s how to increase PS5 upload speed.
How to increase upload speed on PS5
To increase upload speed on PS5, users should:
- Use a cable to connect the PS5 to the router.
- While wireless connectivity is convenient, for a stable and consistent connection wired is the way to go.
- Ensure other devices aren’t uploading on the same network.
- Check other users’ and your own devices to make sure nothing is uploading, whether intentionally or otherwise.
- Restart your console.
- Sometimes the old “Turn it off and back on again” trick can solve this issue.
- Reboot your router.
- Power cycling the router is an almost monthly ritual for me, so give it a try and see if it solves the slow upload speeds.
- We’d recommend warning anyone connected to the network that the internet will be going down.
- Check the status of PlayStation services.
- Look to see if all PlayStation services are up and running here.
- Check with your internet service provider.
- In many countries, the primary speed that users are sold is the download speed, with the upload speed often being much slower.
- To increase upload speed, you may need to reach out to your ISP to see if there are any bottlenecks in place and, if it’s bad enough, what you can do to upgrade or expand the connection strength in your home.
In other PlayStation news, Final Fantasy 16 gameplay will “flow at a breakneck pace” thanks to PS5. DICE has no plans for anything other than Battlefield. The new PS Plus trailer features over a dozen Easter eggs for PlayStation fans to find.