Products You May Like
When it works, PS Remote Play can seem almost magical in how users are able to stream their PS5 or PS4 to their mobile, PC, or TV. It can be a game-changer, but it can also be very frustrating when it isn’t working as intended. Unfortunately, there’s an error message that seems common amongst many users. Thankfully, there are some workarounds to help try to solve it. Here’s how to fix the PS Remote Play “Something went wrong” error.
PS Remote Play “Something went wrong” error fix
To fix the PS Remote Play “Something went wrong” error, users should:
- Check here to see if there are any confirmed issues with the PlayStation Network.
- This site is regularly updated to show any problems that PSN is experiencing.
- Fully reboot your devices.
- Restart both the PS5 or PS4 system you’re trying to stream from, as well as the PC or portable device that you’re trying to stream to.
- Reboot your router and modem.
- Power cycling your router and/or modem can help with these issues. Turn them off and back on again.
- When using Remote Play, keep the controller connected to the device that you’re streaming to.
- In other words, do not reconnect the controller to the PS5 or PS4 as this is likely to cause the error.
- Stream to a different device.
- For whatever reason, PS Remote Play works flawlessly with my Android devices but sometimes fails when connecting to my iPhone and iPad.
- Try reinstalling the app.
- A fresh install could help to solve the issues you’re experiencing.
If the above steps don’t fix the problem, the next best course of action is to contact PlayStation Support.
Looking for more helpful PlayStation guides? Here’s how to check your PS5 Accolades before they are gone forever. Here’s how to play PS5 in 1440p. Finally, here’s how to download previous PS Plus games.