Products You May Like
After hitting “a snag” (along with a few more delays) with the release of Dead Cells‘ latest free update, Enter the Panchaku, Motion Twin has announced that Switch owners — and other console players — can at last experience this latest batch of new content!
There are a ton of new features in Enter the Panchaku — not just a set of frying pan nunchaku! which launched on Steam back in August. We honestly can’t quite believe the developer is still putting out big updates like this — years after the game’s release.
While you’ll be able to get a few new outfits and skins, there are a ton of changes and fixes that have also been implemented into this utterly fantastic game. it’s the gift that keeps on giving, and we’ll be dipping back into Dead Cells once again to check out everything that’s new.
While you can check out the full list of changes over on the game’s website, we’ve got the most important ones here for you:
– New Weapon: Panchaku Two pans tied together by a string, the perfect DIY weapon to tear through the island!Crits on enemies facing you.
– New Outfit: Bobby Outfit A new outfit inspired by the Beheaded’s design from the Dead Cells trailers, flaming head included.
– New crossover content with Soul Knight: Those features were already in the Mobile version of Dead Cells, we just brought them over to PC and Consoles!Weapon: Magic Bow, fires 5 slowly-moving, homing arrows.Outfit: Knight’s Outfit, inspired by Soul Knight’s character of the same name.New lore room in Prisoners’ Quarters to unlock the blueprints!
– New Custom Mode Option: Legendaries OnlyTurns all weapons found in the run into legendary ones.
– You can now pet your Pets when you are in transition areas, by holding interact next to them!
– We completely reworked how Legendary Weapons work!– Removed the double stat scaling, but kept the colorless status. They now scale on your highest stat only. It was mostly overpowered, rather counter-intuitive (you had to split stats whereas you should do the opposite in non-legendary situations) and not really fun (just adding more damage on top of your damage).– Added a unique Legendary Affix to all Weapons. A Legendary Weapon will always have its Legendary Affix on top of its normal rolled ones. You can find a list of all the Weapons and their respective Legendary Affix below.
– Added new Double Stack Legendary Affix, which doubles the number of stacks applied by the weapon. (Things like poison, fire, etc.)
– Added new Global Shield on Kill Legendary Affix.
– Added new Better Secrets Legendary Affix, which upgrades the quality of secrets found in the ground or walls by one tier.
– Added new True Evil Legendary Affix, deals triple damage but locks out the rest of the loadout as long as the weapon is equipped.
– Added new God Slayer Legendary Affix, increases the crit multiplier of the weapon’s last hit.
– Added new Death Root Legendary Affix, roots nearby enemies on kill.
– Added new Mega Crit Legendary Affix, increases crit damage by 75%.
– Added new Cascading Tomb Legendary Affix, unique to the Tombstone, doom effect can trigger recursively.
– Added new Rebuild on Kill Legendary Affix, unique to the Broken Toothpick, repairs the weapon on kill.
– Added new Speed Ball Legendary Affix, reduces the pause time between the attacks.
– Added new Super Slice Legendary Affix, unique to Queen’s Rapier, increases greatly the range of the reality slices.
– Added new Fire on Hit Legendary Affix, puts hit enemies on fire.
– Added new Double Bullets Legendary Affix, doubles the number of projectiles shot by the weapon.
– Added new Triple Bullets Legendary Affix, triples the number of projectiles shot by the weapon.
– Added new Golden Damage Legendary Affix, buffs the weapon’s damage based on the player’s current gold count.
– Added new Stun Shield Legendary Affix, stuns any enemy parried by the shield.
– Added new Double Speed Legendary Affix, projectiles shot by the weapon go twice as fast.
– Added new Echo Legendary Affix, replays a grenade’s explosion a second time.
– Added new Bigger Explosion Legendary Affix, increases a grenade’s explosion radius.
– Added new Ice Walker Legendary Affix, unique to Ice Armor, the created armor never expires.
– Added new Super Back Damage Legendary Affix, greatly increases the damage when hitting enemies in the back. (Update 30.1)
Version 1.20.0, which is the 30th free update for Dead Cells, is ready to download now on your Switch. So what are you waiting for?
For a visual rundown of all of the updates, check out Motion Twin’s vlog from August.
Let us know if you’ll be diving back into Dead Cells in the comments!