Products You May Like
The first two games in The Dark Pictures Anthology series, Man of Medan and Little Hope, both got free PS5 upgrades today as part of a brand new content update. As usual, though, those that picked up The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan on PS4 as part of the PS Plus Essential collection in July are not eligible to get the free PS5 upgrade.
How to get the free PS5 upgrade
Players who have purchased The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan and Little Hope on PS4 can grab the free PS5 upgrades for the games that they own. All that you need to do is go to the game’s PS5+PS4 store page on your PS5 console. On the right side of the screen is an icon to download the free PS5 upgrade. Unfortunately, those who picked up Man of Medan through PS Plus can go to the game’s store page but will not see the icon for the free PS5 upgrade and are only able to install the PS4 version of the game.
The good news is that the PS4 version of both games got a brand new content update, and there are new difficulty settings and other accessibility options, as well as a bonus chapter that’s been added for Man of Medan. The content update includes:
- New difficulty settings & QTE warnings,
- Improved UI & interactions,
- Updated bearing art & event triggers,
- Increased walking speeds,
- More accessibility options, including subtitle sizing,
- Additional Bonus for Man of Medan: discover a previously unseen chapter called “Flooded”, introducing new gameplay and new deaths to the climatic ending of the game.
In other news, the PlayStation Stars loyalty program has launched today in Asia and will follow in the Americas and Europe next month. Elsewhere, the Skull & Bones release date has unsurprisingly been delayed again but there will be an open beta.